The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Summer Activities

Summer+Activities

Happy ALMOST summer Highlanders! There are just a few more days and school is out and with that, means you’ll have lots of free time and different summer activities to do! Though sometimes it can feel like you are doing the same summer activities like going to the beach everyday (which, don’t get me wrong is fun) but here are some more fun activities you can do this summer if you feel like switching it up a little! You can also make this a summer bucket list and try to check off every activity! 

Marymoor Outdoor Movie 

Marymoor Park each summer Marymoor Park hosts outdoor movies throughout the month of July and August where you can grab a blanket and a few friends to enjoy a fun movie night outside! It’s $10 per person and dog friendly; they also have food trucks if you get hungry! Check the link below to see all the dates and movies they are showing this summer: https://www.epiceap.com/movies-at-marymoor/

Downtown Renton Farmers Market

Starting in June all the way until September in the downtown Renton Plaza they host a farmers market every Tuesday from 3 pm-7 pm. There you can shop from local businesses and check out a wide variety of stands! They also have live music, and if you’re looking to shop more sustainably, it’s a perfect place to start! It’s a free and great option if you just want to look around and browse different stands! 

Camping

Living in the Pacific Northwest we are surrounded by the water and mountains! If you have a couple of days of free time grab a few friends or some family members and take a camping trip with all of our state parks here like Deception Pass State Park, Rasar State Park, Lake Wenatchee State Park, Sucia Island State Park, and Lake Chelan State Park! Get outside and soak up the warm weather we get for these few months here in Washington and unplug from your devices! Camping at any of those state parks ranges from $12-$50 a night.

Go Mini Golfing

Looking for a fun activity you can do with your friends? Look no further than mini golfing! It’s a fun activity you and your friends can do and it’s a great way to have a little competition too. At the Newcastle Golf Club they have an 18-hole mini golf course where you can rent a putter if you don’t already have one as well. For more information check their website: https://newcastlegolf.com/courses-facilities/rusty-putter/

At Family Fun Center they have a mini golf course as well which is free if you bring your own putter and a new indoor mini golf course just opened in Factoria called “Monster Mini Golf Bellevue” 

Go Stargazing

Want to spend the night with friends but you’re on a budget? Go stargazing! First off it’s free and it’s a great way to be outside and get to hang out with friends! Plus who doesn’t love looking at the stars and checking out different constellations?