The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Small Businesses in Downtown Renton

Over the last few years, Downtown Renton has changed tremendously and is continuing to change. Full of so many vibrant and fun small businesses, here are a few of my favorites that I think everyone should check out! Whether you’re looking for a good place to study, a cup of coffee or you’re interested in becoming a plant parent, the stores in Downtown Renton are guaranteed to have what you’re looking for. The next time you’re looking for something to do for the day or you just have a few hours to spare, here is a list of places you can check out! 

If you’re looking for a healthier or fresher start to your morning check out Fit Bar Superfood Cafe. This health and wellness-focused cafe is all about mindset, nutrition, and movement. Their menu is full of smoothies and acai bowls so whether you are just wanting to grab food to go or sit down, you will not be disappointed. If you’re not quite sure what to try, my favorite is their Brazilian Bowl! 

After you’ve started your day with some food in you, it’s time to explore! In need of a gift for a friend or something to brighten up your house? Look no further than Urban Sprouts. Urban Sprouts is a local flower shop that has been in Renton since 2016. Inside, you can find a large variety of flowers and plants along with hands-on workshops to dive into all types of greenery. They also opened up a flower bar in case you are in need of a bouquet, here you can create your own!

Now that you’ve grabbed your flowers/plants it’s time to head over to 4 Sisters Holistic Remedies. Once inside you’ll find crystals, teas, herbs, and many books about spirituality and wellness. My personal favorite thing about this store is the wide variety of different crystals they have available. 

Next off, it’s time to grab a quick snack and take a little break. If you need some energy or just something to drink then I recommend Boon Boona Coffee. This local and sustainable coffee shop first opened in 2019 and has expanded to have two other shops located in Seattle. Their goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for the entire community. Their coffee and baked goods are amazing (especially the cookies!), and if you’re looking for a new place to relax with a book or catch up with friends then I would definitely recommend it! 

It’s time for an activity that’s fun to do with your friends or family! Check out 8-Bit Arcade, full of pinball machines that’ll transport your parents back to when they were kids and tons of arcade games. They don’t just have fun games, the next time you stop by you have to try their milkshakes, they are the best! 

Last stop is Macadons. They are fairly new and opened in September 2022. This macaroon and ice cream shop is known for its unique and delicious flavors. This bright and welcoming shop also makes a good spot to study or to grab a little treat. You have to try their popular macaroons, Birthday Cake, Salted Caramel, and Vietnamese Coffee!

In case you haven’t tried these places yet, I hope the next time you‘re looking for something to do this will inspire you to shop locally and try out places nearby!