The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Time Moves Without You

Time moves without you. If you aren’t there to cherish the moment you might lose it. Sometimes you can even lose yourself, especially in a moment. If you don’t keep up with the time, you will be left behind.

Sometimes when you are experiencing fulfillment, moments may become short-lived. You have to be present, in the moment and diligent. Do not worry about the past or worry about what will happen in the future, you should live according to you, in your own time.

Time moves without you whether you are spending it carefully or not. Throughout nature, all plants bloom and shrivel. Nobody can stop the living world. I feel that is the true beauty of it. 

Throughout time, people have wreaked havoc upon the world, but even then the world has been able to heal the consequences of our actions through time. Your time is short, the earth will continue to heal. However, time doesn’t wait for you to heal. You never want to go a day without giving it thought. You will lose track of time that was and become lost. Time goes the same speed whether you are a plant, an apple, or even a deer. Time, there to stay or not, it can feel like it’s speeding past but truly that isn’t the case.

Time is ruthless. Everybody faces missed opportunities in life. These could be personal or professional chances that slipped away for various reasons. Imagine there is an artist. She once had the opportunity to showcase her work at a local gallery. She was fueled by self-doubt and the fear of criticism, she thought it over and hesitated. Ultimately she decided to decline the offer. She found herself wondering as the years passed. She settled for a job she resented, now full of regret. She couldn’t help but think about the potential she had in her youth. What if  she took the risk and went past the fear of self doubt and fear of criticism? Imagine how far you could go if you looked past self  doubt and criticism. That moment stayed with her, a constant reminder that the hands of time never stop. 

Her reflection on that opportunity lost was shattering. That became her motivation to commit to embracing the present and not letting time slip away unnoticed. This is not a story of despair, but an invitation to reflection. The hands of time never stop, and as you reflect on these moments it should not be bringing us down with regret, rather empowering you to take hold of the opportunities that the present may bring. Find the strength to write a more fulfilling story for the moments yet to unfold.

Time is much like sand you find at a beach, its grains slipping through your hands as you attempt to grasp each moment. Just like you can’t stop the course of sand dunes, time moves forward. Every grain is a moment, a chance to love, create, live. Attempting to hold on to these grains of sand is as pointless as trying to stop the tide. I feel like the beauty is when you learn to appreciate each and every grain, appreciating it before it blows away in the wind of time. While you’re welcome to appreciate the sand, to hoard would be misspent. This metaphor of sand you find at the beach invites you to think about the balance of holding on and letting go. Insisting you are present in the time of the moment. Before they drift off into the desert of our memories.

Time even holds onto me, I sit here. It is a long evening but the sun is almost set. It cast long dark shadows. Everyone has long dark shadows. It was a moment of reflection. A flood of memories and missed opportunities streamed inside of me. I couldn’t help but visit the days of my childhood, a time when the world seemed boundless, and the moments with my siblings appeared endless. I remember telling them how I wanted to be an only child. Time felt like a generous resource, I now realize its true nature. I didn’t spend enough moments savoring the laughter and simple joys with my siblings. The emotional weight stayed with me, that is my constant reminder that the hand of time never pauses. 

Time assumes diverse melodies in the orchestra of existence. To some it’s a river, making paths in the landscape of life. In the melody of time where each heartbeat represents a new rhythm, staying in the moment becomes an interlude. It is not about the instant but being one with the present. Every heartbeat, every breath is an invitation to immerse in the orchestra of now. Time is an abundance of meanings, and to stay in the moment is to become an artist of the eternal. Making something new on the canvas of each passing moment.