The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Pay The Cost of No Dollar

Here I am telling the impossible story. I was running late for the fourth period and I walked into something below all life and love … a AP BIO QUIZ of animal anatomy for the later study of some dead rabbits. 

I thought this would eventually happen, but I never could have imagined the pain of seeing a 12-page packet, and thanks to my running into my old bully and fighting during lunch, only forty  minutes to work. 

After the hellfest that is AP Bio, I went outside to the portables and I saw a homeless man in his 60’s to 70’s. He smiled at me,  but something was not quite right about it, like seeing an old girlfriend with a kid. Then suddenly I fell over an empty beer can and when I looked up, he was gone. The stench of something rotten was all over the place. 

I saw a bucket with spray cans in it and writing on the wall that said “PAY THE COST OF NO DOLLAR” but the horror wasn’t even half that.

I saw my hands were wrinkled as if working for a lumber mill for fifty years and my hair was long and dark gray as if it had been scared of all other colors, and I saw myself looking no different from the same kid that fell on a bad day, and whatever fever dream this was. What I saw as my body walked away laughing.

I was removed from campus and dumped on a street corner like a bag of garbage. 

Hours later, I was led to a church where there were beds laid out and I was trying to tell the staff that I was taken from my body. 

I tried to take them to the spot and all they did was call the cops to take me to a rehabilitation center but I still waited for the alarm to wake me up.