The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

TWICE’s Last Tour: The Success of TWICE

TWICE announced their last-minute concert on December 12, 2023, in Las Vegas to finally end their fifth world tour READY TO BE for North America that started on June 10, 2023, at SoFi Stadium in California. Even though it wasn’t their first tour in the US, it was Twice’s first time coming to Washington where they performed at the Tacoma Dome in front of 21,000 fans.

Who is Twice?

Made from the survival show Sixteen which ended in May 2015, the girl group debuted on October 10 2015 under the Company JYP Entertainment. The group consists of nine members Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. 

TWICE also started some firsts in the K-pop industry with the first Taiwanese K-pop Idol Tzuyu, and K-pop’s first Japanese-line MiSaMo which stands for the three members Mina, Sana, and Momo.

Discography and Awards

In October 2015, TWICE debuted their first EP The Story Begins which in their first year of debut was nominated for 2 awards at the MAMA Awards, which were “Artist of the Year” and “Best New Female Artist” which they won. This year Twice went on to win “Worldwide Fans’ Choice Top 10” at the MAMA Awards, and the “Breakthrough Award” at the US Award show “Billboard Women in Music” where they were the first Female K-pop Group to perform and be a part of this Award ceremony. In total, Twice has won over 100 awards and has been nominated for over 300 awards.

Twice went on to release numerous albums and singles from 2016 to now and are currently teasing their 25th album “With YOU-th” which will be released next month on February 2.

Solos and Sub-Units

Twice has been known for releasing music as a group, but until now, They have been releasing solo albums and other music through their J-line MiSaMo. The first soloist JYP that debuted was the oldest member, Im Nayeon, who made her solo debut in June 2022 with the album name IM NAYEON. Nayeon’s Song “POP!” was a big hit throughout all social media due to its catchy lyrics and dance.

Next to debut was JYP’s first subunit and Japanese-Line MiSaMo. The subunit consists of three Japanese members Momo, Sana, and Mina. They released their first album named Masterpiece on July 26, 2023, with their main song being “Do not touch” which has a little over 97 million views on YouTube. With MiSaMo being a big hit in Japan, it sparked a collaboration stage with the Japanese Singer Yaosobi where MiSaMo and other idol groups like NewJeans, StrayKids, Seventeen, LE SSERAFIM, and many more performed as backup dancers for Yaosobi’s song “Idol” which was performed on New Years in Japan.

The most recent to debut as a soloist was Leader Park Jihyo, she trained the longest for a total of 10 years and is known as Twice’s main vocalist. She debuted as a soloist on August 18, 2023, with her album ZONE. Even though she has released her first album as a soloist, she has also performed on many original soundtracks for dramas like Twenty-Five Twenty-One and Summer Strike. Since she has trained for so long, fans are happy she was finally able to debut as a soloist

Tours and stages

The READY TO BE tour for the US started on June 10 2023 at SoFi Stadium in California. Twice ended up coming to Washington on June 16th which was their first time. During the 5th world tour, members performed Solo stages some being to Western songs like Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings,” Lizzo’s “Juice” and Beyonce’s “Move” and others like Nayeon performing her solo album, and Chaeyoung who performed original piece. Twice is about to finish up their 5th world tour on July 28th of this year and fans are hoping this won’t be their last. Twice has done a total of 117 tour stages with 9 more to come for their 5th world tour “READY TO BE.”

With a New comeback and more tour stops this girl group sensation will not be disbanding any time soon. Click this and STAN TWICE.