The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

March 2024 Book Releases

This is the third installment of Books Coming Out In 2024! This list will give you some fun books that were released in March 2024, that you can add to your TBR (To Be Read) list. Enjoy! These blurbs are what is written on the back of the book, and to find these electronically, go to Goodreads.com!

The Summer She Went Missing by Chelsea Ichaso (Mystery/Thriller) 

The Summer She Went Missing eBook : Ichaso, Chelsea: Kindle Store - Amazon.comPaige Redmond has always felt lucky to spend her summers in Clearwater Ridge, with lazy days sunning at the waterfalls and nights partying at the sprawling houses of the rich families who vacation there. The Covingtons are one of these families, and beautiful, brilliant Audrey Covington is Paige’s best friend. And last year, when Audrey’s crush-worthy brother Dylan finally started noticing Paige, she was sure it would be the best summer ever. Except Audrey didn’t seem quite like herself. Then one night, she didn’t come home. Though Audrey wasn’t the first girl to disappear in Clearwater Ridge, she left behind more lies than clues. Now, one summer later, her case has gone cold, and nobody, least of all Paige, can make sense of what happened. When Paige stumbles across a secret hidden in Audrey’s room, however, it changes everything she thought she knew about last summer. 

She and Dylan set out on their investigation, discovering things even the police don’t know about the people of Clearwater Ridge. But tracking down missing girls―girls who might be beyond saving by now―means entering a world far darker than Paige has ever imagined. And if she isn’t careful, she’ll become the next girl to vanish.

Release Date: March 5, 2024

An Inconvenient Letter by Julie Wright (Historical Romance) 

An Inconvenient Letter (Proper Romance Regency): Julie Wright: 0783027932300: Amazon.com: BooksFor years, Marietta Stone has harbored a secret infatuation for the handsome Frederick Finch and has poured out her deepest feelings in a series of passionate love letters that she keeps in a locked drawer. But when Marietta’s private letters are accidentally delivered to Frederick’s house, she must retrieve them immediately before they fall into the wrong hands. If the letters were read by anyone else, the resulting scandal could jeopardize her reputation.

Gerard Hartwell has no time for infatuations, courtship, or even love. He must find a wife with a substantial inheritance if he wishes to save his late father’s bankrupt estate. When he accidentally discovers Marietta’s love letters at his cousin Frederick’s estate, he strikes a bargain with her. If she helps him court her older sister, Anne, he will return the letters and help Marietta win Frederick’s heart.

Marietta agrees, and the two quickly pretend to be courting to spend time with their love interests. Yet, what appears to be a straightforward bargain becomes complicated when Gerard realizes that the more time he spends with Marietta, the more he wishes he could court her for real. But can he persuade Marietta to give him a chance when her heart might belong to another man?

Release Date: March 5, 2024

A Groom of One’s Own by Emma St. Clair (Romance) 

A Groom of One's Own: A Sweet Marriage of Convenience Hockey RomCom: 9798989027637: St. Clair, Emma: Books - Amazon.comEli Hopkins has it all–almost. A hockey career with the wildly popular Appies. Teammates who are like brothers. The only thing he’s missing is someone to share it all with. Oh–and correctly filed visa paperwork. Due to administrative error, Eli is about to lose everything. Unless he can find someone to marry him in the next thirty days. And he might have the perfect woman in mind. The only problem? He’d like to marry her for real, not simply for legal purposes. Now Eli faces the challenge of winning over a wife who thinks the marriage is in name only…

Release Date: March 1, 2024

The Other Lola by Ripley Jones (Mystery/Thriller) 

The Other Lola by Ripley Jones | GoodreadsIn the months after Cam and Blair broke their hometown’s legendary missing-girl story and catapulted to accidental fame, they vowed never to do it again. No more mysteries, no more podcasts, and no more sticking their heads where they don’t belong.

Until Mattie Brosillard, a high school freshman, appears on their doorstep, begging Cam and Blair for help. Mattie’s sister Lola disappeared mysteriously five years ago. No trace of her was ever found. Now, she’s back–but Mattie is convinced the girl who returned is an impostor. Nobody believes Mattie’s wild story–not Mattie’s brother, not Mattie’s mother, and not even Cam and Blair. But something is wrong with the Brosillard family. And Blair has her reasons for wanting to know what happened to Lola while she was gone.

Release Date: March 12, 2024

In the Orbit of You by Ashley Schumacher (Romance) 

In the Orbit of You by Ashley Schumacher | GoodreadsIt’s been years since Nova Evans last saw Sam. She was too young then to understand why he had to move away―and what it had to do with the cuts and bruises he got from home and never wanted to talk about. All she knew was that they promised to find each other when they were older, something she thought was impossible thanks to her and her mom moving around constantly. Until she bumps into Sam in her new school, and realizes he has forgotten their childhood promise.

Sam Jordan has a plan for him to accept his college football scholarship, date his girlfriend Abigail, and―most importantly―hide how much he wants to do something, anything other than The Plan™ that his parents and coaches have set before him. It doesn’t matter if sometimes he finds himself thinking about the new girl he met in the cafeteria, a girl who reminds him of a past that hurts to remember.

When a school-wide personality test reveals Nova and Sam to be each other’s top matches―not only that, but a match of 99%, the highest in the school―they begin to remember why they were such close friends, all those years ago. As well as the myriad of reasons this new-yet-familiar, magnetic, sparkling thing between them will never, ever work out.

Release Date: March 19, 2024

The Emperor and the Endless Palace by Justinian Huang (Fantasy) 

The Emperor and the Endless Palace: A Romantasy Novel: 9780778305231: Huang, Justinian: Books - Amazon.com“What if I told you that the feeling we call love is the feeling of metaphysical recognition when your soul remembers someone from a previous life?”

In 1740, a lonely innkeeper agrees to help a mysterious visitor procure a rare medicine, only to unleash an otherworldly terror instead.

And in present-day Los Angeles, a college student meets a beautiful stranger and cannot shake the feeling they’ve met before.

Across these seemingly unrelated timelines woven together only by the twists and turns of fate, two men are reborn, lifetime after lifetime. From the treacherous walls of an ancient palace and the boundless forests of the Asian wilderness to the heart-pounding cement floors of underground rave scenes, our lovers are inexplicably drawn to each other, constantly tested by the worlds around them.

As their many lives intertwine, they begin to realize the power of their undying love—a power that transcends time itself…but one that might consume them both.

Release Date: March 26, 2024

Ellie Haycock Is Totally Normal by Gretchen Schreiber (Romance) 

Ellie Haycock Is Totally Normal: 9781250892164: Schreiber, Gretchen: Books - Amazon.comEllie Haycock has always separated her life into sections: Ellie at home and Ellie at the hospital. At home, Ellie is a proud member of her high school’s speech and debate team alongside her best friend and her boyfriend. At the hospital, Ellie has a team of doctors and a mom who won’t stop posting about the details of her illness online. It’s not hard for Ellie to choose which of the two she prefers.

But this latest hospital stay is different. Ellie becomes close with a group of friends, including Ryan, a first-timer who’s still optimistic about the doctors that Ellie stopped trusting years ago. Despite their differences, she can’t seem to keep him out of her head. Ellie’s life has never been ordinary—but maybe this time it will be extraordinary.

Release Date: March 5, 2024

More! 

• Trouble by Lex Croucher (Romance)
  • The Morningside by Téa Obreht (Fiction/Fantasy)
  • After Annie by Anna Quindlen (Literary Fiction)
  • The No-Girlfriend Rule by Christen Randall (Romance)
  • The Last Bloodcarver by Vanessa Le (Fantasy)
  • The Revevant Games by Margie Fuston (Fantasy)
  • Defy the Storm by Tessa Gratton (Fiction)
  • Promchanted by Morgan Matson (Romance)
  • The Baker and the Bard by Fern Haught (Graphic Novel)
  • Silver in the Bone by Alexandra Bracken (Fantasy)
  • The Mystery Writer by Sulari Gentill (Mystery/Thriller)
  • Wolf at the Table by Adam Rapp (Historical Fiction)
  • The Stolen Heir Duology Book #2: The Prisoners Throne by Holly Black (Fantasy)
  • The Sunlit Man by Brandon Sanderson (Sci-fi/Fantasy)