The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Celeb Fashion

Nowadays, celebrities pretty much run the world. They’re what you see when you open social media or when you go to a mall. They are posted in the windows of shops, they are almost everywhere you go! One thing that people are quick to notice is what these celebrities are wearing, and recently this has sparked a large interest in fashion.

The influence that celebrities have on fashion is undeniable. For example, the musician Tyler, The Creator has changed peoples views on style forever! His whole career has been about stepping out of the box. He shows that through his fashion too, with his baggy silhouettes and lighter pastel colors. 

Around 2019, he started wearing more baggy, lighter colored denim. Now, almost everybody wears it! Tyler is a trendsetter, and He shifted the way people see fashion from wearing big brands and expensive clothes only, to wearing things they actually enjoy the look of. 

When you think about big changes in style, you probably think of the 2016-2020 “hype beast era” where everyone was trying to find the most expensive outfits, they were mostly made with super expensive and very colorful pieces that didn’t need to look good, as long as they were over the top and expensive. Like the Bape camouflage cargo. Now, fashion is more about finding things that look good and that you personally like the look of, it doesn’t matter if it’s expensive or not. This was important because it showed so many people that fashion wasn’t such an exclusive thing. Many people started making look-alike outfits to match the looks of their favorite celebrities.

One example of a celebrity that sparked a large interest in fashion was Lil Yachty. When he made his appearance at the 2016 XXL Freshman Cypher he was wearing very “hype beast” inspired fashion. He was wearing a Jordan and Supreme collab hoodie and a pair of red 11 lab Jordan 4’s. He has shown a large evolution in style since then, as you can see on his Instagram, he can be seen wearing very vintage-looking clothing, featuring washed denim, and very baggy silhouettes, which have been trendy recently.

Another reason that so many people have taken up fashion as a hobby these days is celebrity fashion being covered all over social media. If you open Instagram, TikTok, or Twitter you will see many people posting about celebrities’ clothing. Some of the things they wear spark trends, and soon, everybody is wearing what that celebrity wears!

Overall, this change in celebrity style over these past few years has shown many people that fashion isn’t a very exclusive thing. Due to this change, Many people have taken fashion up as a hobby in recent years. Social media has also had a very strong impact on the fashion industry and its growth due to the coverage of celebrities and what they wear.