The Student News Site of Hazen High School

The Kilt

The Kilt

The Kilt

Who Makes You Happy?

Whether it’s school, work, or sports, having a person who can be there for you and make you happy is very important. I interviewed students at Hazen and asked them who in their life is able to put a smile on their faces without fail.

“Not a lot of people are able to put a smile on my face, but recently the person to put a smile on my face is my girlfriend. She’s always been there for me and she is able to understand my problems. She helps me with everything and she just understands me as a person.” Cameron Sianson (12)

“He sadly passed away two years ago, but the person who is able to make me smile after a bad day is my older brother. He makes me happy, and in general, he was always the first person I would go to when I was down and he would always put a smile on my face like no other person could.” Lyndon Pascua (12)

“Someone that makes me feel better after a long and stressful day is my dad. I think that he is really funny. He is always caring for me and even when he isn’t, he’s always just so nice and very funny.” Ella Nishio (9)

“My sister never fails to put a smile on my face and make me feel better when I’m sad because she always tries to make me happy no matter what happens and whenever she picks me up from school, she just always makes me happy. She is also very supportive.” Keegan Castro (9)

“My dog makes me happy and always puts a smile on my face because she is always happy to see me no matter what and helps me feel better when I am sad or stressed.” Gretchen Freer (10)

“Someone who makes me happy at the end of the day is my dog because they just make things way less stressful for me and they are also really comforting and like a good companion for me.”  Violet Yim (9)

“The person who always makes my day better after a really tough day is Elle Clemmons and the reason she makes me happy is because when I talk to her, I just feel so happy, she’s like my best friend and she just relieves all my stress and always puts a smile on my face.” Christina Troung (10)

“Definitely my parents because it’s always just a relief to go home and know that you have somebody to talk to and someone to support you, and just someone who can lift you up when you’re down and who I can tell all of my problems to and also my friends because I  also know that they are here to support me as well.” Izzy Jay (10)

“After a long day the person who makes me smile is my friends because when I go to the park and play basketball with them, it really brightens my day after a stressful day.” Lincoln Nguyen (9)

“What really makes me happy when I go home after a long stressful day is my dad because he’s just a really cool guy and he’s a pretty good cook, so I like to eat dinner with him. It’s a big privilege.” Brandon Schultz (9)

“My brother or my dog because my brother is just honestly a comedian to me and he really knows how to make me laugh, he also knows how to say the right things to not make me mad after a long day of work or school and my dog Lily is just really cute and small.” Audrina Acuna (10)

“My brother makes me happy because he’s always there to cheer me on like a good friend and we’re really close.” William Wong (10)

“Someone who makes me happy is Christina. Her silly jokes always light up my day and put a smile on my face. She is supportive, uplifting, kind, and considerate. I feel comfortable confiding her and I love her to the moon and back. I also appreciate her company and being around her makes a bad day spectacular.” Elle Clemmons (10) 

All of these students have different people who make them happy and are able to put a smile on their faces. Whether it’s family, friends, or pets. Hopefully, in reading this you also have somebody that can make you smile and make sure to let them know just how special they are and how much you appreciate them and all they do.